Unit 35: Smoking is Bad for Your Health
1. George: Mary, I love you. I want __________ with you forever.
(A) to be (B) being
2. George: But I can't be with you if you don't stop __________.
(A) to smoke (B) smoking
3. George: I really enjoy __________ you in my arms.
(A) to hold (B) holding
4. George: But I can't stand __________ you because you taste like ashes.
(A) to kiss (B) kissing
5. Mary: I am trying __________, but it's hard.
(A) to stop (B) stopping
6. Mary: Whenever I drink coffee, I miss __________ cigarette with it.
(A) to have (B) having
7. Mary: When I want a cigarette, I'll stop __________ about my love for you first. Then I won't smoke.
(A) to think (B) thinking
8. Mary: I can't ever risk __________ you.
(A) to lose (B) losing
9. Mary: I swear __________ this habit!
(A) to give up (B) giving up
10. George: Wonderful! I'm glad you have agreed __________ my suggestion!
(A) to take (B) taking
Series copyright © 1997-99 by Pearson Education.