Unit 19: In-flight Conversation
Two people, Maria and Seth, are sitting next to each other on a flight from Buenos Aires to Miami. They are talking about their previous travel.
1. Seth: I _________ on such a long flight. What about you?
(A) was never (B) have never been (C) am never
2. Maria: I ___________ this flight many times.
(A) took (B) have taken (C) am taking (D) taking
3. Maria: For three years, from 1993 to 1996, I _______ a courier.
(A) was (B) have been (C) was being
4. Seth: I ____________ about that kind of job. What exactly does a courier do?
(A) heard (B) have heard (C) hear (D) am hearing
5. Maria: Couriers usually carry documents from one place to another. One time I ________ a valuable collection of jewelry from Buenos Aires to New York.
(A) carried (B) have carried
6. I ____________ to relax for one minute during the whole trip! I was very nervous the whole time.
(A) wasn't able (B) haven't been able (C) am not able
7. Seth: __________ being a courier after that trip?
(A) Did you stop (B) Have you stopped (C) Do you stop
8. Yes, about two months later. I guess the between 1993 and 1996 I ________ twenty trips to the United States. This must be your first trip to the States.
(A) made (B) have made (C) make (D) am making
9. Seth: Yes, it is. I ___________ a lot in Argentina, Brazil, and Chile, but this is my first trip outside of South America.
(A) traveled (B) have traveled
10. Maria: I _________ Chile, but not to Brazil. Someday, I want to visit other countries in South America, but as a tourist, not as a courier.
(A) have gone (B) went (C) go
Series copyright © 1997-99 by Pearson Education.