Unit 11: Would you be my tennis partner?
1. Hello, Sara? My name is Phil McCall. You _______ me -- not well, anyway -- but we met briefly a few weeks ago.
a. don't know b. aren't knowing
2. ____________ the party two weeks ago at Mia's house? We talked for a few minutes, but we didn't actually introduce ourselves.
a. Do you remember b. Are you remembering
3. Maybe you ________ what I look like?
a. forget b. are forgetting
4. I'm a big guy. I'm about 160 cm. tall, and I _______ about 80 kilos.
a. weigh b. am weighing
5. I ____________ to remember if I mentioned it at the party, but I've seen you at the University Tennis Club.
a. try b. am trying
6. You _______ to be a very good tennis player.
a. seem b. are seeming
7. Did you know that the club ________ a mixed doubles tournament this weekend?
a. has b. is having
8. I __________ to play in the tournament.
a. want b. am wanting
9. But I _________ a partner for the tournament. I ___________ one yet.
a. need b. am needing c. don't have d. am not having
10. I __________ that this is a sudden invitation, but would you be interested?
a. realize b. am realizing
Series copyright © 1997-99 by Pearson Education.