Unit 43: Child Care
1. My mother is always giving me advice about my two-year-old daughter. First, she says that I __________ my daughter alone.
(A) should never leave (B) should never be left
2. Young children __________ all the time.
(A) must watch (B) must be watched
3. My daughter __________ away from small objects by adults.
(A) should keep (B) should be kept
4. Small objects __________ into the mouth, but cannot be eaten.
(A) can put (B) can be put
5. My floors __________ clean.
(A) must keep (B) must be kept
6. I __________ with my daughter when she is taking a bath.
(A) should stay (B) should be stayed
7. It is best if young children __________ in the bathroom.
(A) watch (B) are watched
8. My mother also says that I __________ a story to my daughter every night.
(A) should read (B) should be read
9. But after I read a story, the light __________ off.
(A) should switch (B) should be switched
10. Finally, it is best if I __________ my daughter goodnight.
(A) kiss (B) am kissed
Series copyright © 1997-99 by Pearson Education.