Unit 36: Rules for a Better World
Complete the following sentences with 'let' or 'make.'
1. I want to __________ the world a better place to live in.
2. First, I would __________ sure everyone has enough to eat.
3. I would not __________ some people starve while others throw food away.
4. Second, it's important that everyone get proper health care. If going to the doctor is too expensive, people will __________ their illnesses get very bad.
5. Rule three is that all companies __________ a good environment for their workers.
6. & 7. I would not __________ companies put people into very noisy rooms or __________ them work seventy hours a week.
8. Another rule I would __________ is against war.
9. People would not __________ their disagreements get very bad.
10. Finally, I would __________ people have freedom of speech.
Series copyright © 1997-99 by Pearson Education.