Unit 29: A Letter of Application
1. I am writing in application for a job as a computer programmer. I __________ a programmer at BMI for the past five years.
(A) have been (B) was
2. I __________ my B.S. in computer science from MIT in June, 1989.
(A) have received (B) received
3. Then, from 1989-1992, I __________ for Moon Microsystems.
(A) has worked (B) worked
4. From 1992-1994, I __________ the position of Senior Programmer at Orange Computers.
(A) have had (B) had
5. I __________ many excellent programs since I started my career.
(A) have written (B) wrote
6. For example, I __________ programs to make the Internet faster since 1995.
(A) have developed (B) developed
7. For the past three years, Orange __________ me to conferences to explain how I do my work.
(A) sent (B) has sent
8. I __________ a book called The Speedy Internet in 1999.
(A) have published (B) published
9. I __________ my work for many years, and want to work for you now.
(A) have enjoyed (B) enjoyed
10. I have excellent qualifications, and I __________ great work. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
(A) did (B) have done
Series copyright © 1997-99 by Pearson Education.