Unit 17: A Stay in Australia
Two people, Jan and Paul, see each other for the first time in a long while.
1. Paul! What a surprise! I'm glad to ______ ! Where have you been?
(A) see (B) see you
2. I've been in Australia. My company ______ to our branch office in Sydney.
(A) sent (B) sent me
3. Jan: How long were you there? Paul: Well, I ________ on December 8th, and I left on March 3rd - about 3 months.
(A) arrived (B) arrived it
4. Did you _________?
(A) enjoy (B) enjoy it
5. The first few weeks it was difficult to be away from my family. I ______ a lot. But after a while, I was okay.
(A) missed (B) missed them
6. What _____________?
(A) happened (B) happened it
7. Once the job _________, I got very busy.
(A) started (B) started it
8. All my worries suddenly ________.
(A) disappeared (B) disappeared me
9. Jan: What was the weather like when you were there? Paul: It was summer. Warm and not much rain. I _________.
(A) liked (B) liked it
10. You would have a good time there, Jan. I hope that someday you can _________.
(A) go (B) go Australia
Series copyright © 1997-99 by Pearson Education.